Street Party Buy Tickets
Live bands and djs fill the Edinburgh streets with music, as the city centre comes alive with festivities and party people from all over the world gather to bring in 2017 in style
What it's all about
The Waverley Stage will be headlined by music legends The Charlatans. With a career spanning four decades, the band have provided the soundtrack to a generation with all of their twelve studio albums charting in the Top 40 in the UK, three of them being number ones, the Street Party can expect a hit-packed set to welcome the New Year. The Charlatans will be joined by special guests to be announced shortly.
Tim Burgess said “Nowhere in the world sees in the New Year like Scotland. I've been to Edinburgh before for Hogmanay and it's always brilliant. Looking forward to another big night.”
Party people from all over the world gather to bring in the New Year at one of the world's biggest outdoor parties under the stunning backdrop of Edinburgh Castle. Join us at any of our 4 Street Party Stages on 31st of December!
Our Celtic inspired stage, Castle Stage features exhilarating performances from leading Scottish Celtic crossover bands Salsa Celtica and Manran!
Providing the heart-thumping, disco dancing, sing-a-long classics on our party stage, Frederick Stage is returning DJ's, dancers and all round legends Guilty Pleasures! If you think banging tunes and dancing is enough, you're wrong!
Accompanying them are VJ’s Buttercup and Pixels mixing cutting-edge visuals for all your snap-happy needs!
We're delighted this year to announce the Mound Stage, programmed in collaboration with the Edinburgh Jazz & Blues Festival, will feature Edinburgh favourites James Brown is Annie, Brass Gumbo and Blues n Trouble!
What To Expect
On the night you will get to take part in the magnificent Midnight Moment with fireworks and music as we say good bye to 2016 and welcome in 2017. Revel in live music and DJs at the four street party stages and 8 large screens that line the streets. Access to front of stages on a first come, first served basis. Enjoy four fireworks displays on the hour from 9pm set against the backdrop of the iconic Edinburgh Castle.
- This is a very busy, all-standing, outdoor festival event so please dress for the weather.
- Please note Street Party tickets do not allow access into the Concert in the Gardens or the Old Town Ceilidh events.
- No entry after 11pm, so please come early!
- Access to extensive range of outdoor bars, street food and toilets throughout the arena.
- No persons under 12yrs permitted at the Street Party. Those with children under 12yrs looking to join the celebrations should attend the Old Town Ceilidh or Concert in the Gardens which is a more accessible event.
- Anyone under 16yrs must be accompanied by an adult over 21yrs of age.
- The Event Organiser reserves the right to search Ticket Holder’s bags and clothing for security reasons.