Residents & Business Access
We are delighted that Edinburgh’s New Year celebrations returns this year, reigniting Edinburgh Winter Festivals and welcoming the world back to celebrate at the Home of Hogmanay.
Edinburgh’s Hogmanay takes place over three days 30 December 2022 to 1 January 2023 with the return of the world-famous Street Party and Concert in the Gardens on Hogmanay night presenting a spectacular sound and light experience. As in previous years, the arrangements for the Edinburgh’s Hogmanay Street Party will involve the installation of barriers and gates to ensure public safety. However, this year’s Street Party arena has a slightly reduced footprint and through careful planning, and minimum built infrastructure, we have been able to reduce build times, minimising disruption as best we can.
It is only during Edinburgh’s Hogmanay Street Party that pedestrian access is restricted, which will begin at 18:00 on Saturday 31 December until after the event (approx. 01:00 on Sunday 1 January). However, routes have been kept open wherever possible and where there are restrictions Access Passes are available to help ease passage.
If you are a resident or business located within the Edinburgh’s Hogmanay Street Party (see list of streets/addresses below), you will receive a Free Resident Access Pass or Business Access Passes to ensure you or your staff have safe and quick access to and from your premises on the 31st December.
Event stewards will be located at all Street Party entry points to check passes and direct residents and hotel guests along the pedestrian access lanes.
- Free ‘Resident Access Passes’ & ‘Business Access Passes’ are provided to anyone residing within the event arena so they can access their properties/hotels. Please note, these passes do not provide access into the main Street Party event arena
- An allocation of 10 Residential Access Passes are available to each residential property within the arena, with additional requirements available on request
- A series of pedestrian access lanes are created to ensure that residents can access properties within the arena quickly and safely, out with the Street Party main event areas
- Event Stewards are located at all entry points to check passes and ensure that access lanes are used by residents and for business staff/customers
Download the map in PDF format
***Addresses/Streets INSIDE the Street Party Arena***
The following addresses/ streets are located within the Street Party Event Arena and will require Access Passes:
- 78 – 134 Princes Street (west of Hanover Street)
- 2 – 20 Castle Street (west side)
- 7 – 19 Castle Street (east side)
- 2 – 18 Frederick Street (west side)
- 1 – 19 Frederick Street (east side)
- 1 – 22 Hanover Street (west side)
To receive these passes please visit https://bit.ly/3HD8Cco and complete the online booking form.
PLEASE COMPLETE THE ONLINE BOOKING FORM DETAILING YOUR REQUIREMENTS.
- Please complete the online booking form by Wednesday 28 December.
- Access Passes will be available for collection within 24hrs of booking online from Edinburgh’s Hogmanay Box Office on George Street (corner of Castle Street).
- Box Office opening hours:
- 17 – 23 December: 10:00 – 22:00
- 24 December: 10:00 – 20:00
- 25 December: CLOSED
- 26 December: 12:00 – 20:00
- 27 – 29 December: 10:00 -22:00
- All Access Passes must be collected by Thursday 29 December.
- For security, you will need to bring proof of address (business or residential) and your transaction ID when collecting your passes.
Please note all details will be verified before passes are issued and Street Party Access Passes are only available to properties that are inside the gated arena.
Addresses/Streets OUTSIDE the Street Party Arena (No Pass Required)
The following addresses/ streets are no longer located within the Street Party Event Arena and will NOT require Resident Access Passes or Business Access Passes:
- 10 – 77 Princes Street (east of Hanover Street)
- 22 – 32 Castle Street (west side)
- 21 – 35 Castle Street (east side)
- 20 – 34 Frederick Street (west side)
- 21 – 33 Frederick Street (east side)
- 24 – 54 Hanover Street (west side)
- 1 – 55 Hanover Street (east side)
- South St. Andrew Street
- South St. David Street
- Rose Street – Please note, whilst Rose Street is out with the Street Party arena, access to specific sections is gained through designated entrance points/streets (see below)
- North Bank Street
- Mound Place
- Giles Street
- Ramsay Lane/Ramsay Garden
Rose Street Access Points:
Rose Street – Castle Street/South Charlotte Street section (WEST) – Enter via South Charlotte Street ONLY
Rose Street – Castle Street/Frederick Street section – Enter via Frederick Street ONLY
Rose Street –Frederick Street/South St. David Street section (EAST) – Enter via Frederick Street / Hanover Street or South St. David Street
Edinburgh’s Hogmanay Road Closures
The Edinburgh’s Hogmanay Street Party requires a series of road closures to ensure the safety of those attending and for the installation of barriers and gate systems. This year’s Street Party arena has a slightly reduced footprint and through careful planning, and minimum built infrastructure, we have been able to reduce build times, minimising disruption as best we can. We apologise for any disruption that may be caused due to these closures, and appreciate your co-operation and understanding.
Please see below the full list of Road Closure that will be taking place in the city centre on the 31st December, and also during the period from 27th December 2022 – 2nd January 2023.
Hogmanay 2022/23 Road Closures