Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions for the Purchase of Tickets from Edinburgh’s Hogmanay
WHO WE ARE
Unique Events Limited, a company incorporated in Scotland with company number SC132639 and having its registered office at Gladstone House, 6a Mill Lane, Leith, Edinburgh, Lothian, EH6 6TJ is the “Promoter” of Edinburgh’s Hogmanay events – the “Hogmanay Street Party” , the “Concert in the Gardens”, “Candlelit Concert in St Giles’ Cathedral” and New Year’s Day “Scot:Lands” each an “Event” and together the “Events”).
The “Ticket Holder” is the person who is in possession of a ticket, either purchased or otherwise, to any of the Events. The “Venue” is the area where an Event is scheduled to take place at.
Any queries regarding these Terms and Conditions should be raised with the Promoter by email at email@example.com or telephone by calling the Box Office on 0844 573 8455 prior to the purchase of a ticket for an Event.
Purchase and/or use of a ticket/s, to any Event/s shall constitute acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
Any terms and conditions printed on an Event ticket, or posted at an Event is deemed to form part of these Terms and Conditions.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE EVENTS
The Ticket Holder undertakes to observe and uphold these Terms and Conditions. Where the Ticket Holder breaches any of the Terms and Conditions the Promoter reserves the right to cancel the ticket/s, remove the Ticket Holder from the Event and retain all monies paid by the Ticket Holder.
A valid ticket, wristband or pass to the applicable Event must be carried at all times. Failure to produce a ticket, wristband or pass, when so requested by Event staff, may result in the person being removed from an Event, without right to any ticket refund. Lost or misplaced tickets will not be replaced by the Promoter under any circumstances.
The Promoter reserves the right to refuse admission to an Event without refund, any Ticket Holder who (i) fails to produce proof of identity or age on request; (ii) is under the influence of alcohol or drugs (in the reasonable opinion of any staff member at an Event); (iii) may provoke a breach of the peace; (iv) may jeopardize safety and enjoyment of other Event attendees; and/or (v) may damage the reputation and goodwill associated with the Event/s.
Please note that ticket for all Edinburgh’s Hogmanay events cannot be returned or refunded unless the event is cancelled or rescheduled.
The Promoters reserve the right to amend Event schedules, scheduled performers and performance timings (advertised or otherwise) without prior notice and without liability. No refunds or compensation will be offered to a Ticket Holder for the non-appearance of any advertised (or otherwise) Event performer.
By purchasing a ticket and attending an Event, Ticket Holders consent to being photographed, filmed and sound recorded as part of an Event audience (without payment), and to the Ticket Holder’s image being used by the Promoter in all matters relating to the Event and any future promotions.
If an Event is cancelled for reasons out with the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to inclement weather conditions, strikes or labour disputes, fire or flood, then the Promoter shall refund the face value of the ticket . Any charges made by the box office/supplier at the point of purchase of the ticket will not be refunded.
Admission to an Event and associated areas are at the Ticket Holder’s own risk. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Promoter excludes all liability to a Ticket Holder for any loss, injury or damages sustained within a Venue or any associated areas (other than negligence by the Promoter which gives rise to personal injury or death.) The Promoter will not be liable to a Ticket Holder for any special, indirect or consequential damages resulting from attendance at an Event.
These Terms and Conditions and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of Scotland and the courts of Scotland shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions or its subject matter.
All festival tickets and wristbands may not be sold, resold or used for any promotional purpose without the written agreement of Edinburgh’s Hogmanay.
For some events, tickets may be sold as part of a “Package” (where a ticket for an event(s) is sold together with concessions, merchandise or other valuable benefits such as exclusive arrangements, as an inclusive package at an inclusive price).
Calls to the official Edinburgh’s Hogmanay Box Office on 0131 623 3033 cost between 2p to 7p per minute plus your phone company’s access charge. Mobile networks charges may be more expensive.
To purchase Item(s) from us, you must be 18 or over and have a valid credit/debit card issued in your name.
Personal arrangements including travel, accommodation or hospitality relating to the Event which have been arranged by you are at your own risk. Neither we nor the Event Partner(s) shall be liable to you for any loss of enjoyment or wasted expenditure.
The price for the products that you order will be the price quoted on the website at the date the order is received except in the case of obvious error. All prices currently advertised are not inclusive of delivery charges: the prices associated with each method of delivery are advised to you during the check out-process, before any purchase is completed. You can check your delivery charges for your basket prior to check-out and completion of purchase.
All prices currently advertised are inclusive of VAT (where applicable). We currently do not offer VAT exemption for international customers or any geographical regions. The grand total of the order is the price of the product(s) ordered plus the delivery charge.
We currently only accept the following payment cards: Visa, Mastercard, Maestro/Solo, Amex. The price charged to customers outside of the United Kingdom will be subjected to the exchange rate applied by the customer’s credit or debit card company. The rates are not defined or determined by us. Your debit or credit card will be charged once you submit your order.
By submitting a credit or debit card number, you represent and warrant that your use of the particular card is authorised and that all information that you submit is true and accurate, and you authorise us to charge to the card tendered all amounts payable by you to us based on the products ordered.
You may be subject to validation checks and/or third party authorisations during the ordering process.
You are personally liable for any orders that you place and charges that you incur.
Where appropriate, we collect and hold your name, address, email address, payment details and similar information relating to you, which will hereafter be referred to as ‘personal data’. In particular, we may collect and store personal data from you when you are purchasing tickets and/or goods through the Website in order to process your transaction.
If we have received your permission to do so, we will from time to time use personal data to inform you of our latest news, information, services, offers, etc. and the services of third parties.
Our guiding principle is that your personal data is only held to allow us to support and improve your customer relationship with us. If you have any concerns about our use of your personal data, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will investigate complaints, act on emails claiming unjustified exploitation of data, and take such further action as we, in our sole discretion, deem appropriate.
When you are purchasing tickets and/or goods we will provide you with the option to store your payment details against your account, for the ease of any future payment made by you. You will also have the option to stop us retaining your payment details at any time.
OVERALL FESTIVAL CONDITIONS
- The Event Organiser reserves the right to search Ticker Holder’s bags and clothing for security reasons.
- Anyone under 16yrs must be accompanied by an adult over 21yrs of age at all times (please see specific event conditions for age restrictions, if applicable).
- Edinburgh’s Hogmanay Street Party does allow alcohol to be brought into the arena but only in plastic containers and cans not exceeding 500ml – Maximum quantity of 4 per person.
- Alcohol CAN NOT be brought into the Concert in the Gardens or other venues.
- NO GLASS can be brought into any event arena.
- Ticket Holders are requested to drink responsibly.
- Ticket Holders are requested to dress appropriately for the weather conditions at Edinburgh’s Hogmanay, as the majority of Edinburgh’s Hogmanay events are outdoors.
- Ticket Holders are required to follow all safety instructions as instructed by event stewards and minders at all times.
EVENT CONDITIONS / ESSENTIAL INFORMATION
Edinburgh’s Hogmanay Street Party Conditions
- No person under 12 years old is permitted at the Edinburgh’s Hogmanay Street Party.
- Anyone under 16yrs must be accompanied by an adult over 21yrs of age at all times.
- Entry to the Street Party requires ticket holders to present a valid e-ticket, access pass or authorised guest pass issued by or on behalf of the Promoter, which must be worn/retained at all times.
- There is strictly NO ENTRY to the Edinburgh’s Hogmanay Street Party after 10.30 pm, so ticket holders are advised to arrive early. Entry to the Edinburgh’s Hogmanay Street Party Venue is not guaranteed by a specific gate.
- Entry gates may be closed prior to 10.30 pm for safety reasons, and the ticket holder will be redirected to the nearest entrance in those circumstances.
- Alcohol CAN be brought into the Hogmanay Street Party Venue but ONLY in plastic containers and cans not exceeding 500ml. No glass can be brought into the Venue.
- Street Party tickets do not allow access into the Concert in the Gardens event or any other advertised Festival events.
Concert in the Gardens Conditions
- While there is no age restriction at the Concert in the Gardens on 30th December & 1st January 2023, Due to the nature of the event, the concert in the garden event (31st December) is strictly 12+.
- No children’s buggies are allowed at the Concert in the Gardens, and no babes in arms are permitted.
- Where a Ticket Holder brings children to the Gardens Concert, they acknowledge that there may be conditions or circumstances beyond the Event Organiser’s control that may make the event unsuitable for children.
- A dedicated access gate is available via King’s Stables Road/St. Cuthberts Church, which is outwith the Street Party.
- No pass-outs at the Concert in the Gardens Venue are permitted (i.e. leaving the Venue and trying to gain re-entry).
- If a Ticket Holder leaves the Concert in the Gardens Venue to access the Edinburgh’s Hogmanay Street Party at any time, the Ticket Holder will NOT then be permitted back into the Concert in the Gardens Venue.
- The Concert in the Gardens tickets also grant the ticket holder access to the Edinburgh’s Hogmanay Street Party. Ticket Holders can access the Hogmanay Street Party before entering the Concert in the Gardens or if a ticket holder wishes to leave the Concert in the Gardens early.
- Stewards reserve the right to deny access at any time. Please note that children under 12 are not permitted into the Street Party arena. However, access is available via King’s Stables Road/St. Cuthberts Church entrance.
Night Afore Concert Conditions
- While there is no age restriction at the Night Afore Concert, due to the nature of the event, the Promoter does not recommend the Event for children under 12 years old.
- No children’s buggies are allowed into the event, and no babes in arms are permitted.
- Where a Ticket Holder does bring children to the Night Afore Concert, they acknowledge that there may be conditions or circumstances beyond the Event Organiser’s control which might make the event unsuitable for children.
- Re-entry to the Night Afore Concert Venue is not permitted (i.e. leaving the Venue and trying to gain re-entry). If a Ticket Holder leaves the Night Afore Concert Venue, they will NOT be permitted back into the Night Afore Concert Venue.
The Final Fling Concert Conditions
While there is no age restriction at The Final Fling, due to the nature of the event, the Promoter does not recommend the Event for children under 12 years old.
No children’s buggies are allowed into the event, and no babes in arms are permitted.
When a Ticket Holder brings children to The Final Fling, they acknowledge that there may be conditions or circumstances beyond the Event Organiser’s control that might make the event unsuitable for children.
Re-entry to The Final Fling is not permitted (i.e. leaving the Venue and trying to gain re-entry). If a Ticket Holder leaves The Final Fling Venue, they will NOT be permitted back into The Final Fling Venue.
GOVERNING LAW & JURISDICTION
This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Scots Law and the parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish Courts.