Edinburgh’s Hogmanay is Scotland’s world-famous New Year festival and presents three days of spectacular events, incredible bands and unique audiences from every corner of the globe. Welcome to the Home of Hogmanay!
Please contact the Box Office at email@example.com or call 0131 623 3033 to speak to a staff member about your assistance requirements, access and advice on the most suitable event for your needs.
Accessible Viewing Places are limited for the events for patrons with permanent disabilities, so please contact the Box Office to secure at space firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0131 623 3033
Patrons who would be unable to attend any of the events without the assistance of a Personal Assistant (PA) are entitled to bring a PA with them for free. Please contact the box office to discuss this with a team member.
Edinburgh’s Hogmanay Street Party
- This event takes place in the city centre, where most areas are standard roads or public paths
- Tram lines run along Princes Street.
- The Street Party is an all-standing event with no seating areas available, and it can sometimes become very busy.
Accessible Viewing Area:
- A new Accessible Viewing Platform for the Street Party will be located at the bottom of Castle Street to provide prime viewing of the Midnight Moment from Edinburgh Castle.
- A dedicated Accessible Entrance Gate on Castle Street will provide direct access to this viewing area.
Blue Badge Parking:
- There are several public Blue Badge parking around the Street Party site.
- The closest parking spaces to the East and West entrances are West Register Street (East), 23 Waterloo Place (East), and 18 Charlotte Square (west).
- There are also numerous blue badge parking along George Street.
- Unisex accessible toilet units will be located throughout the Street Party arena and on Castle Street at the Accessible Viewing Area.
- Assistance Dogs are welcome to the event. However, please keep in mind that there will be an extensive hourly firework display and loud music that might disrupt them.
Concert in the Gardens
- The Concert in the Gardens takes place in West Princes Street Gardens, more specifically in the areas in front of and surrounding the Ross Bandstand.
- The arena is a mixture of hard-standing surfaces (Enclosure Ticket) and grass (Gardens Ticket).
- There is an incline within the Gardens Viewing Areas, which can become slippery when wet.
- There is an Accessible Viewing Area within the Concert in the Gardens arena, spaces are limited, and we recommend you contact the box office at email@example.com or call 0131 623 3033 as soon as tickets are on-sale to secure a space.
- The accessible entrance for Concert in the Garden is via King’s Stables Road/St. Cuthberts Church.
- This entrance is out with the main Street Party arena.
- To access the dedicated Viewing Area, you will need to follow an inclined hard-standing path.
- The Accessible Viewing Area is located in a designated area providing excellent views of both the stage and fireworks from Edinburgh Castle.
- King’s Stables Road to viewing area approx. 400m distance.
- The closest blue badge parking to the entrance is 5 Cambridge Street. There are also several Blue Badge parking spaces on Grindlay Street.
- There is an accessible toilet on the pathway leading to the Accessible Viewing Area.
Medical and welfare services:
- An accessible person’s unit at the First Aid Post is located within the Gardens Concert. Please ask a member of staff for assistance should medical services be required.
- Assistance Dogs are welcome to the event. However, please remember that an extensive hourly firework display and loud music might disrupt them.
Edinburgh’s Hogmanay – West Princes Street Gardens – Safe Viewing Areas
Night Afore Disco Party / Concert in the Gardens / New Year’s Day Final Fling
As Edinburgh’s Hogmanay continues to develop and enhance the Festival experience for all our guests, we have introduced a Safe Viewing Area at this year’s Night Afore Disco Party (30 Dec), Concert in the Gardens (31 Dec) and New Year’s Day Final Fling (1st Jan) events within West Princes Street Gardens as part of our commitment to make our event the best place to spend your evening.
How to get to the safe viewing area
When you arrive at the Concert (West Princes Street Gardens), please ensure that you enter via the accessible entrance located at King’s Stables Road/St. Cuthbert’s Church.
Please be aware that you will have your tickets and bags checked by our stewards.
Please note that on the 31st of December, this entrance is out with the Street Party arena. On entry, please inform security that you are on the reservation list for the Safe Viewing Area, and they will provide you with directions to this area which is located on the ‘top path’ offering an amazing view of the stage with one of the best views of the Edinburgh’s Hogmanay fireworks.
There is also catering, toilets and a Premium Bar located on the top path at the East-end of the Gardens.
Once at the Safe Viewing Area, you will again present your tickets. At this point, your tickets will be scanned, and you and your party will then be issued with a wristband which will ensure re-entry should you choose to leave to purchase drinks or food.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION There is an accessible toilet to accommodate our guests with reduced mobility or medical conditions within the Safe Viewing Area. We kindly ask that any companions in your group use the toilet facilities located within the premium bar area. This will reduce the waiting time for the accessible toilet.
Please keep your e-tickets on you at all times. Please remember that the event is an outdoor, all-standing concert. We will have a small number of folding chairs within the Safe Viewing Area, but we are unable to guarantee that all members of your party will be able to be seated.
There are no designated parking areas for the event. However, the closest parking area to the accessible entrance is on King’s Stables Road. The accessible entrance for Concert in the Gardens is via King’s Stables Road/St Cuthbert’s Church, and while there are no steps to the top pathway, it is a 10-15 minute walk to the Safe Viewing Area.
The Concert in the Gadrens will accommodate around 10,000 attendees, all wishing to party the night away. Please be advised that the environment will therefore be busy and loud during your passage through the garden to the controlled area.
First Aiders are on hand if required. Please ask your nearest Security Steward or our event Front of House Team for assistance. Please refer to our website for more information www.edinburghshogmanay.com on general terms and conditions.
We hope you have a great evening and a Happy New Year.