TORCH COLLECTION POINTS
West Parliament Square
- You will be required to show your COVID passport when picking up your torches at your selected pick up point.
- The procession has three pick up points for torches. Your pick up point will be clearly marked on your tickets (Waverley Bridge, West Parliament Square or Bristo Square).
- You must select your pick up point when you purchase your ticket and you will not be able to change it later. You will only be able to collect your torch at your chosen starting point.
- You must collect your tickets and torch vouchers from the Edinburgh’s Hogmanay box offices prior to joining the procession.
- You MUST have a torch and ticket to take part in the Torchlight Procession. Each torch comes with one procession ticket
- If you have previously bought a torch and require extra tickets please contact our box office team on 0131 510 0395 or email@example.com with your transaction ID and they will be able to help.
- Torch vouchers can be exchanged for torches at your chosen pick up point on the night of the event.
- You must then proceed straight to the lighting zone
- You must collect your torch at your selected time slot
- While there is no age restriction at the Torchlight, no children's buggies are permitted on the route.
- Anyone under 16 years must be accompanied by an adult over 21 years of age at all times.
- Spectators of the event are welcome but please DO NOT attempt to join the procession en-route or stand in front of the procession to take photographs.
- Spectators are encouraged to view the procession and finale in Holyrood Park.
- Torchlight Procession an outdoor event using wax-based torches, so please dress appropriately.
- Torchlight Procession is an incredibly safe event but we need participants to help maintain this. Please follow all safety instructions when carrying torches in this event.
- Safety guards are supplied to protect Ticket Holders from hot wax. Please note, when windy the wax from the torches can be blown onto clothing. Whilst easily removable (top tip – an iron and brown paper) please dress appropriately and do not carry torches if wearing delicate fabrics.
- The Event Organiser reserves the right to search Ticket Holders’ bags and clothing for security reasons.
- The Torchlight has a strict NO DRONE policy.
Blaze through the city accompanied by fire and light installations as you move through the illuminated heart of Edinburgh’s Old Town. A spectacular and unforgettable family-friendly event finishing in the historic Holyrood Park.
On reaching the park, you will be asked to light a slow-burning candle that will eventually form an image over the course of the event.
This year’s procession will be spread out between 4pm and 9pm, allowing visitors and locals alike to travel through the city in a safe and fun environment.
You must have a ticket to take part in the Torchlight Procession.
To purchase tickets, select your desired start point on the map.