Get 2018 off to a fresh start with a bracing New Year's Day dip in the freezing River Forth!
Silliness is good for the soul - along with a good dose of freezing seawater! Combat that hangover by dressing up and running into the revitalising waters of the Firth of Forth at one of Scotland’s finest Hogmanay traditions and raise some money for charity.
Are you up for the challenge?
Dookers will march the length of the High Street as part of the Dooker Parade before launching themselves into the freezing Firth of Forth, set against the backdrop of the iconic Forth Bridges, raising money for charities across the UK. Spectators are welcome to cheer on the Dookers at various vantage points along the route or down on the beach. South Queensferry has a variety of pubs, cafes and restaurants, all open on New Year's Day.
- Dookers must buy a ticket in advance and check-in on the day
- Family and friends are encouraged to get down to the beach early to support Dookers
- Under 16 must be accompanied by an adult
- Dookers are advised to wear shoes in the water and bring a warm change of clothing
- There are plenty of pubs, cafes and restaurants in the local area open for lunch after the event