Ceilidh Under the Castle
Dance the night away at a traditional Scottish ceilidh, under the stunning backdrop of the iconic Edinburgh Castle.
Experience the best of Scotland at the Ceilidh under the Castle. Whirl or jig, fling or be flung under Edinburgh Castle. Join hands with old friends and new to dance in the new year with a full ceilidh band and plenty of local food and drink to keep you spinning all night.
At midnight, welcome in 2018 with a breathtaking fireworks display, amidst the historic setting of the majestic Edinburgh Castle.
The full line-up will be announced in September.
General ticket holders: Access to the main Ceilidh Under The Castle arena.
Premium ticket holders: All the above plus a VIP bar area and, just for you, Ceilidh callers will be on hand to teach you the steps.
- Enter via Lothian Road onto King’s Stables Road and through the ground of St Cuthberts Parish Church.
- Arena open from 7.30pm.
- Whilst there are no age restrictions and children are welcome, we do not recommend this event for very young children and strictly no buggies permitted. Not recommended for babes in arms.
- There are no pass outs i.e. leaving the event arena and trying to regain entry.
- No entry to the arena after 10.30pm. So please come early!
- Access to premium outdoor bars, street food offering local Scottish produce and dedicated toilet facilities.
- No alcohol can be brought into the Ceilidh under the Castle arena.
- The Event Organiser reserves the right to search Ticket Holder's bags and clothing for security reasons.