A new event for Edinburgh’s Hogmanay, this is one for the families! Celebrate with the kids, with spectacular fireworks and family entertainment, and all afore bedtime!
This Hogmanay, a brand new event gives parents and children an opportunity to enjoy an hour of family fun, including their own spectacular fireworks display, ahead of the Street Party later in the evening.
Leading entertainers will perform on the main stage in West Princes Street Gardens, before it’s time to look up, ooh and ahh, as fireworks light up the sky over Edinburgh Castle!
Bairns Afore gives families the chance to enjoy their own Hogmanay experience, and still have the kids tucked up in bed well before the midnight bells.
- Entry to Bairns Afore is via King’s Stables Road and the west end of Princes Street by St John’s Church. No access via the Floral Clock or the east end of Princes Street.
- Arena open from 4pm.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- This is an outdoor event, so please dress comfortably and for the weather.
- The Event Organiser reserves the right to search Ticket Holder's bags and clothing for security reasons.
- Alcohol cannot be brought into the Bairns Afore arena.
- Re-entry is not permitted (ie. leaving the Bairns Afore arena and trying to gain re-admittance).
- There are outdoor bars, street food and toilet facilities within the Bairns Afore arena.
- Strictly no buggies within the enclosure area but buggy parking is available. Please be aware that the event will be busy.
- Children under 2 years of age do not require a ticket.
- No pets are allowed into the event.