Edinburgh’s Hogmanay –Terms and Conditions
Tickets are sold by or on behalf of Underbelly Ltd. (“we”, “us” or “Underbelly”) for Edinburgh’s Hogmanay, (“Event”). This page details the Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) that shall apply to your entry (“Entry”) to the Event.
Please note that by entering the Events and/ or purchasing any Tickets, you agree to be bound by these Terms.
The Terms are as follows:
- You must produce a valid Ticket to gain entry to any Event and you must produce that Ticket for inspection upon request at any time. Failure to produce such Ticket when requested may result in you being removed from the relevant Event.
- Tickets are non-transferable. Any unlawful reselling (or attempting to do so) is prohibited and may result in the cancellation of the Ticket without any refund or compensation and/or the Ticket holder being refused entry or removed from the relevant Attraction and/or Event.
- All Ticket sales are final. No refunds, cancellations or exchanges are available after you have purchased your Tickets. Underbelly shall not be liable for losses resulting from the alteration or cancellation of any Attraction, including but not limited to travel and car parking.
- Any tickets bought from unauthorised agents or third parties are not valid and admission will not be permitted.
- All Tickets remain the property of Underbelly at all times and constitute a personal revocable licence from Underbelly to you which may be withdrawn by Underbelly and admission refused at any time.
- To purchase Item(s) from us, you must be 18 or over and have a valid credit/debit card issued in your name.
- We aim to dispatch tickets prior to mid-November. We are not able to specify the exact dates of dispatch, as the arrangements for dispatch depend on when we are in possession of the ticket stock used for a particular event. Please allow as much time as possible for your tickets to arrive. If your tickets have not arrived 10 days before the event (or, if you are travelling, five days before you leave on your journey), please contact the Box Office. Please include your reference number and the name and postcode the booking is made under.
- We reserve the right to make tickets available for collection by you at the official box office. We will notify you by telephone or email of the arrangements for collection (using the details provided by you at the time of ordering) if this becomes necessary. You may be required to provide your booking confirmation email and your photo ID to collect tickets.
- It is your responsibility to ascertain whether an event has been cancelled. If an event is cancelled we will use reasonable endeavours to notify you of the cancellation. We do not guarantee that you will be informed of such cancellation before the date of the event.
- Personal arrangements including travel, accommodation or hospitality relating to the Event which have been arranged by you are at your own risk. Neither we nor the Event Partner(s) shall be liable to you for any loss of enjoyment or wasted expenditure.
- The price for the products that you order will be the price quoted on the website at the date the order is received except in the case of obvious error. All prices currently advertised are not inclusive of delivery charges: the prices associated with each method of delivery are advised to you during the check out-process, before any purchase is completed. You can check your delivery charges for your basket prior to check-out and completion of purchase.
- All prices currently advertised are inclusive of VAT (where applicable). We currently do not offer VAT exemption for international customers or any geographical regions. The grand total of the order is the price of the product(s) ordered plus the delivery charge.
- It is your responsibility to check your Tickets and to ascertain the date and the time of your access to the relevant attraction.
- We are not responsible or liable for any Tickets that are lost or stolen, including postal despatch missing in transit. Removing any Ticket stub will invalidate the Ticket.
- Neither we nor any other party shall have any liability to you beyond the face value of the Ticket. Note that any booking fees are not refundable.
- Tickets may not be used for any advertising, competitions, contests, sweepstakes, promotions, or used, sold or given away in conjunction with other products or services (such as part of a travel or hospitality package) without the express written permission of Underbelly in advance. Failure to comply with the foregoing may result in the cancellation of the Ticket without any refund or compensation and/or the ticket holder being refused entry or removed from the relevant Event.
- Underbelly reserves the right to ask for proof of ID and of the age of any visitor to the Events. Underbelly further reserves the right to refuse access to any person if that person is unable to produce proof of their age and that person is refused admission for being under age. In such circumstances, Underbelly will not provide a refund to the visitor.
- When purchasing alcohol at the Event, if you appear to be under the age of 25 you may be asked for proof of age.
- The Event operates in all but the most extreme weather conditions. Please bring suitable outdoor clothing as the Event is an outdoor event. In the unlikely event that Underbelly deems it necessary to close the Event, no refunds will be given due to inclement weather or because inclement weather causes the Event to be cancelled or suspended at Underbellys discretion.
- Anyone under 16yrs must be accompanied by an adult over 21yrs of age at all times (please see specific event conditions for age restrictions, if applicable).
- Alcohol CANNOT be brought into the event arenas and venues*. No glass can be brought into any event arena. Ticket Holders are requested to drink responsibly. *Street Party does allow alcohol to be brought into the arena but only in plastic containers and cans not exceeding 500ml, the maximum number of containers or cans per person brought into the Street Party is four.
- Ticket Holders are requested to dress appropriately for the weather conditions at Edinburgh's Hogmanay, as the majority of Edinburgh's Hogmanay events are outdoors.
- Ticket Holders are required to follow all safety instructions as instructed by event stewards and minders at all times.
- Your purchase of Tickets is subject to our right, without prior notice and without refund or compensation, to close or change the content of the Event and/or the Event’s operating hours. Underbelly reserves the right at any time without refund or compensation to close any part of the Event or restrict the number of persons having access to the Event due to over-capacity, inclement weather, or special events to ensure safety, security or order, or if Underbelly considers that the circumstances so require.
- Underbelly accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage however arising including distress, inconvenience or anxiety caused during the course of any Event. Attendance is entirely at your own risk. Furthermore, Underbelly is not responsible for any injuries to visitors, however caused, save where any death or injury is caused by the proven negligence of Underbelly or its staff.
- Climbing or standing upon fences, barriers, trees, shrubbery, walls, safety fences, rock arrangements, ride structures, exhibits or buildings is strictly prohibited.
- Unfortunately we cannot accept responsibility for damage to or the loss of any personal property.
- If an error is made in the price of any Tickets ordered by you, you will be notified by us as soon as possible and we will give you the option to either (a) reconfirm your Ticket order at the correct price; or (b) cancel your Ticket order and receive a full refund from us.
- If any Event is cancelled in its entirety, we will use our reasonable endeavours to notify you as soon as reasonably possible. If the Event is not rescheduled, we shall give you a refund of the face value of the Ticket. If you wish to claim such a refund, please apply in writing to Underbelly Ltd. 4th Floor, 36-38 Hatton Garden, London EC1N 8EB within 28 days of the date of the cancelled Event (though please note that this is without prejudice to your statutory rights). Tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase other than in accordance with this clause. Refunds or any other type of compensation will not be available for disruption to or cancellation of the Event resulting from over-capacity, inclement weather, or special events to ensure safety, security or order, or if Underbelly considers that the circumstances so require, or if there are events beyond the control of Underbelly.
- In order to facilitate the security, safety and comfort of all patrons, Underbelly reserve the right to conduct security searches of persons, clothing, bags and all other items on entry and exit, to confiscate items which may cause danger or disruption to the Event or other patrons or are in breach of these Terms and/or to refuse admission. Use of illegal substances and laser pens are strictly prohibited.
- Customers may be ejected from the Event if, in the reasonable opinion of Underbelly, the customer is a risk to the safety of any patron and/or may affect the enjoyment of other patrons and/or the running of the Event or may cause damage, nuisance or injury. Examples include being (or appearing to be) drunk, incapable, intoxicated or under the influence of illegal drugs, under-age (where relevant), abusive, threatening, behaving anti-socially, carrying offensive weapons or illegal substances, declining to be searched or in breach of any of these Terms.
- Please note that CCTV and film cameras may be present at the Event. By entering the Event and/or purchasing Tickets and attending the Event, ticket holders consent to being the subject of filming, stills photography and sound recording and its use in distribution (commercial or otherwise) without any payment.
- If you experience any problems at the Event, please contact a steward as it may not be possible to resolve issues after the Event.
- In case of emergency, please follow instructions and directions from stewards, staff and/or other officials.
- All events are subject to obtaining the relevant licences.
- Underbelly reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions from time to time. Your continued use of this website and attendance to the Event after changes are posted means you agree to be legally bound by these Terms as updated and/or amended.
- These Terms shall be governed by English Law and we both agree to be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Photography and filming will be taking place across the Edinburgh's Hogmanay sites on 31.12.19. Unless permission is expressly denied these will be used for future promotion and on social channels.
TORCHLIGHT PROCESSION CONDITIONS
- Torchlight Procession Ticket Holders are required to follow all safety instructions provided when carrying and disposing of torches at this event as instructed by stewards.
- The Torchlight Procession is an event featuring fire and wax based torches. Safety guards are supplied to protect Ticket Holders from hot wax. Please note, when windy the wax from the torches can be blown onto clothing. Whilst wax be easily removed from clothing (top tip - an iron and brown paper), participants are requested to dress appropriately and not carry torches if wearing delicate, light coloured fabrics.
- While there is no age restriction at the Torchlight Procession, no children's buggies are permitted on the route. Where a Ticket Holder does bring children to the event, they acknowledge that there may be conditions or circumstances beyond the Event Organiser's control which might make the event unsuitable for children.
THE CANDLELIT CONCERT CONDITIONS
- Please note due to the quiet nature of this event it is not suitable for young children or babies.
BAIRNS AFORE CONDITIONS
- All children must be accompanied by an adult at all times. No children's buggies are allowed within the enclosure area. Access to the event is via King’s Stables Road only.
- No pass-outs at the Bairns Afore Venue are permitted (i.e. leaving the Venue and trying to gain re-entry). If a Ticket Holder leaves the Bairns Afore Venue at any time, the Ticket Holder will NOT then be permitted back into the Bairns Afore Venue.
- The Event Organiser reserves the right to search Ticket Holder's bags and clothing for security reasons. Alcohol cannot be brought into the Bairns Afore Venue. Stewards reserve the right to deny access at any time.
HOGMANAY STREET PARTY CONDITIONS
- No person under 12 years old is permitted at the Edinburgh's Hogmanay Street Party.
- Anyone under 16yrs must be accompanied by an adult over 21yrs of age at all times
- Entry to the Street Party requires ticket holders to present a valid wristband, access pass or authorised guest pass issued by or on behalf of the Promoter which must be worn/retained at all times.
- There is strictly NO ENTRY to the Edinburgh's Hogmanay Street Party after 10.30pm, so ticket holders are advised to arrive early. Entry to the Hogmanay Street Party Venue is not guaranteed by a specific gate. Entry gates may be closed prior to 10.30pm for safety reasons, and the ticket holder will be redirected to the nearest entrance in those circumstances.
- Alcohol CAN be brought into the Hogmanay Street Party Venue but ONLY in plastic containers and cans not exceeding 500ml. The maximum number of containers you can bring into the arena is 4. No glass can be brought into the Venue.
- Street Party tickets do not allow access into Mark Ronson's Hogmanay in the Gardens or the Ceilidh Under the Castle events or any other advertised Festival events.
MARK RONSON'S HOGMANAY IN THE GARDENS CONDITIONS
- No person under 12 years old is permitted at Mark Ronson's Hogmanay in the Gardens
- Alcohol CANNOT be brought into Princes Street Gardens
- Anyone under 16 years must be accompanied by an adult over 21 years at all times.
- Access to Mark Ronson’s Hogmanay in the Gardens is only permitted until 11pm.
- Mark Ronson's Hogmanay in the Gardens tickets include a wrist band to access the "Edinburgh's Hogmanay Street Party". An “Edinburgh’s Hogmanay Street Party” wristband is required for access to the Street Party. A separate “Mark Ronson’s Hogmanay in the Gardens” ticket is required for access into Princes Street Gardens. Please keep both items with you at all times to allow entry. You can access the Hogmanay Street Party before entering the Gardens or if you leave the Gardens early. Stewards reserve the right to deny access at any time.
CEILIDH UNDER THE CASTLE
- While there is no age restriction at the Ceilidh Under the Castle, due to the nature of the event the Promoter does not recommend the Event for children under 12 years old. No children's buggies are allowed at the Ceilidh Under the Castle Venue. Where a ticket holder does bring young children to the Ceilidh Under the Castle , they acknowledge that there may be conditions or circumstances beyond the Event Organiser's control which might make the event unsuitable for young children.
- No pass-outs at the Ceilidh Under the Castle Venue are permitted (i.e. leaving the Venue and trying to gain re-entry). If a ticket holder leaves the Ceilidh Under the Castle venue at any time, the ticket holder will NOT then be permitted back into the Ceilidh Under the Castle.
- The Event Organiser reserves the right to search Ticket Holder's bags and clothing for security reasons. Alcohol cannot be brought into the Ceilidh Under the Castle Venue. Stewards reserve the right to deny access at any time. Ceilidh Under the Castle tickets do not permit access to the Street Party.
THE LOONY DOOK CONDITIONS
- Dookers must wear shoes to enter the water.
- Dookers must buy a ticket in advance and check-in at least 30 mins prior to the event start time on the day.
- Please bring a warm change of clothing.
MESSAGE FROM THE SKIES CONDITIONS
- There is no age restriction to Message from the Skies.
Use of the site
Underbelly does not promise that the site will be error free – the site and content are delivered on an “as available” and “as-is” basis. Underbelly cannot ensure that the files you download from the site will be free of viruses or anything else that has contaminating or destructive properties and will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of this site.
The content and software of this site is the property of Underbelly. You agree that you are only authorised to visit, view and retain copies of pages from this site for your own personal use. You also agree not to duplicate, modify, publish or download any of the information on this site unless authorised by Underbelly.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Your contact details will be held on the Underbelly mailing list. You may be contacted with information we feel may be appropriate and relevant to you from time to time. Mailings may include information from specially selected organisations and may be via post or e-mail. If you do not wish to receive mailings from us please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org giving your full name and address (as per your booking) and you will be removed from the mailing list.
All customer rights under the 1988 Data Protection Act (UK) any subsequent revisions will apply.