Edinburgh is beautiful and we want to keep it that way! Edinburgh's Hogmanay is committed to ensuring that the events we produce have a minimum impact on the environment and a lasting, positive impression on our audiences.
Our Festival Green Champions work closely with our staff, artists, and suppliers to realise the ambitions set out within our environmental policy. We are committed to reducing our carbon footprint by minimising and recycling waste generated, reducing energy and water consumption, and promoting sustainable methods of travel whilst creating our events. We work closely with Festivals Edinburgh and Creative Carbon Scotland in conjunction with Edinburgh's 12 major festivals to learn and share experiences.
Our Sustainability Policy
Underbelly understands that the events that it manages have environmental, social, and economic impacts. It is therefore committed to the development, implementation, and continual improvement of a sustainable event management system to minimise any negative impacts of its operations.
Underbelly’s approach is to embed sustainable management principles across all events for which it is responsible.
Underbelly’s sustainable event management principles are:
- Integrity & Ethical Behaviour: To act ethically and with integrity in our event operations with regard for the law and without bias, including in our dealings with our employees, customers, suppliers, and towards society and the environment.
- Inclusivity & Accessibility: To produce high-quality events which are inclusive and accessible to people of all ages, backgrounds, and abilities.
- Environmental Performance: To minimise the impact of events on the environment.
- Collaboration & Transparency: To collaborate and build relationships with stakeholders and the general public and to ensure that all stakeholders have access to all relevant information about event operations.
- Legality: To meet and exceed all applicable legal and regulatory requirements in all activities.
- Stewardship: To show leadership and best practice in sustainable event management.
Underbelly is committed to continual improvement and will monitor its performance against agreed sustainability objectives, which is reflected in our ISO20121 accreditation.
Underbelly are also members of the Green Arts Initiative. It is an accreditation scheme that enables us to become greener in our activities, and become part of a growing network of arts and culture organisations across Scotland trying to reduce their environmental impact.
If you have any comments, questions, or feedback about how we can improve sustainability at our events please email email@example.com.