Edinburgh's Hogmanay events are enormously popular, always attract great crowds and are also incredibly safe. We have stewards and medical officers at all events to assist you but please remember, you can also do your bit to make sure we all have a happy and safe New Year.
Here's some helpful DO's and DON'Ts to help you have the best Edinburgh's Hogmanay possible:
- DO get there early, live entertainment from 7.30pm — NO ENTRY after 10.30pm. Ticket Holders are advised to come early and please allow time for queues because of the possible need for bag-searches. Entry to the Hogmanay Street Party Venue is not guaranteed by a specific gate.
- DON'T forget your ticket & wristband — you won't get into the ticketed arenas without them.
- DON'T bring or accept drugs, banned substances, or "legal highs" (legal doesn't mean safe).
- DON'T bring any glass including bottles.
- DON'T bring any container over 500ml.
- DON'T expect entry if you have had too much to drink. You will be refused.
- DO appreciate that bags may be searched on entry for safety reasons.
- DO drink responsibly.
- Management reserves the right to refuse entry.
Please bear in mind:
- This is a very busy, all-standing, outdoor festival event so please dress for the weather.
- Street Party tickets do not allow access into the Concert in the Gardens or the Ceilidh under the Castle events or any other advertised Festival events.
- There will be access to extensive range of outdoor bars, street food and toilets throughout the arena.
- No persons under 12yrs permitted at the Street Party. Those with children under 12yrs looking to join the celebrations may like to attend Bairns Afore, which has dedicated entertainment for families.
- Anyone under 16yrs must be accompanied by an adult over 21yrs of age.
- Look after your friends, arrange meeting points in case you become separated.