Loony Bookers - important information
Calling all Dookers! Just a few short hours until we get 2018 off to a fresh start with a dip in the Firth of Forth.
We’re looking forward to welcoming you to the event and we thought it would be useful to list all the important information you need so you can concentrate on enjoying the event.
- Check in will be open from 9am and you can start forming up from 10:15am.
- All Dookers must be in place by 10:45am.
- Your wristband is your entry into the procession, which you will receive once you have checked in.
- Please bring booking information to avoid disappointment.
- You can check in to the event from 9am.
- Your wristband ticket will tell you which number group you are in so please report to the right point.
- When you check in, you’ll receive your free Dookers t-shirt and a pot of Rude Health porridge.
- Please bring shoes to wear in the water, and a change of warm clothes for afterwards. You’ll want to warm up!
- At 11am, the parade to the Dook will start. Please wait for the signal.
- Remember to tag all your photos and videos with #loonydook18 – we want to see you Dookers and share your bravery. Tell us why you’re dooking.
- Your friends and family are encouraged to watch the event. They will be asked to watch from outside of the procession. Only people with wristbands will be allowed within the procession.
How to get to the event:
- Check in is at the RNLI Queensferry Lifeboat Station, Hawes Pier, South Queensferry EH30 9TB and the form up is at the west end of Newhalls Road.
- Lothian service 43 will be running on 01.01.18, please check their timetable and plan your journey in advance.
- Edinburgh Trams will be running a part route between Edinburgh Airport and the West End until approx. 9:30am on 01.01.18 and then a normal weekday service with trams every 7 minutes. Please check their website for status updates.
- There is no vehicle access on the route during the event. If you drive, be aware you must park outside of the route.
- Please always follow the direction of staff and stewards.