Bairns Afore - important information
We're looking forward to celebrating at Bairns Afore for the first time ever! Here's some important information for you to remember if you're attending the event.
- If you haven’t collected your tickets yet, please make sure you pick them up from our box office before the event.
- The Edinburgh’s Hogmanay box office is at 109 George Street, and you can also collect from the Edinburgh’s Christmas box offices at East Princes Street Gardens and St Andrew Square. Get more information on box offices here.
- Dress warm! The events are very busy, outdoor events so please bear in mind when choosing your outfit.
- Entry to West Princes Street Gardens is via King’s Stables Road and the west end of Princes Street by St John’s Church. There is no access via the Floral Clock or the east end of Princes Street.
- The arena is open from 4pm.
- Please do not bring bags any larger than 40cm x 20cm x 30cm. Bag searches will be taking place.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- No pets are allowed.
- Alcohol cannot be brought into the Bairns Afore arena.
- If you leave the Bairns Afore arena then you will not be re-admitted.
- Strictly no buggies are allowed in the enclosure but buggy parking is available. Please be aware that the event will be busy, so allow plenty of time to arrive.
- Toilets and baby changing facilities are available within the arena.
- There will be a fireworks display at approximately 5.50pm.
- There will be outdoor bars and food concessions selling a variety of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks and street food within the arena.
- Please always follow the direction of staff and stewards.
Plan your travel
There will be road closures across the city centre throughout the day and we recommend you use public transport to get to the event but, if you plan on driving, please plan your journey in advance and leave in plenty of time to get to your event.
Plan your trip home. Edinburgh Trams and Lothian Buses will be running services throughout Hogmanay to take you home if you live in Edinburgh. Check their websites for full information.