Torchlight Procession Event over
VISITORS AND LOCALS ALIKE JOIN TO CREATE A RIVER OF FIRE THROUGHOUT THE CITY CENTRE CULMINATING IN A SPECTACULAR FINALE
What’s It All About
The opening event of Edinburgh’s Hogmanay 2016/17 is the spectacular Torchlight Procession. Last year’s event welcomed over 40,000 people to this world renowned family event. Join thousands of torch carriers as they illuminate the city culminating in a breath-taking fireworks finale.
What To Expect
- Carry a torch for charity at the Torchlight Procession and help to create a river of fire through Edinburgh’s city centre –we recommend one torch to a group of up to four.
- Two finale arenas - Witness the lighting of the Bonfire and Fire Elements followed by a stunning sound & light show and fireworks finale. Visible from multiple vantage points across the city.
Official Charity Sponsor:
- Torch pick-up point: Vouchers can be exchanged from 2pm from St. Giles Street
- Torchlight Procession is an outdoor event using wax-based torches, please dress appropriately
- You MUST have a torch and/or wristbands to take part in this year’s Torchlight Procession. You will need to purchase at least one torch per group. Each torch comes with one procession wristband which the torch bearer MUST wear. If there is more than one person in your group, you will need to purchase additional wristbands to take part in the Procession. We recommend one torch to a group of up to four
- Anyone under 16yrs must be accompanied by an adult over 21yrs of age at all times. No children’s buggies are permitted on the route or finale point on Calton Hill
- Torchlight Procession is an incredibly safe event but we need participants to help maintain this. Please follow all safety instructions when carrying torches in this event
- Torches are wax based (like a big candle), safety guards are supplied to protect carrier hands from dripping wax
- Please note, when windy the wax from the torches can be blown onto clothing. Whilst easily removable (top tip – an iron and brown paper) please dress appropriately and do not carry torches if wearing delicate fabrics
- 50p from each torch sale goes to our offical Charity Sponsor: UNICEF
- Spectators to the event are welcome but please DO NOT join the procession en-route or stand in front of the procession to take photographs
- The Event Organiser reserves the right to search Ticket Holder’s bags and clothing for security reasons
- WE ADVISE THAT PETS ARE KEPT INDOORS AT THE ABOVE TIMES
* Please note all extra wrist bands must be bought at the time of purchase of torches. If you have previously bought a torch and require an extra wristband please contact our lovely box office team on 0844 573 8455 or firstname.lastname@example.org with your transaction ID and they will be able to help.