Street Party Sold Out
Live bands and djs fill the Edinburgh streets with music, as the city centre comes alive with festivities and party people from all over the world gather to ring in 2017 in style
What it's all about
This year party people from all over the world gathered to ring in the New Year at one of the world's biggest outdoor parties, against the stunning backdrop of Edinburgh Castle. Party goers enjoyed live music and DJs at our Street Party stages and on giant screens that lined the streets. Amazing fireworks fired from 9pm, on the hour, leading up to the stunning Midnight Moment with the party continuing after!
The Waverley Stage was headlined by music legends The Charlatans who were joined by Ayrshire’s own Fatherson and rising star Be Charlotte. Our Celtic inspired Castle Stage featured exhilarating performances from leading Scottish Celtic crossover bands Salsa Celtica, Mànran and Ross Ainslie & Ali Hutton.This year the Mound Stage is programmed in collaboration with the Edinburgh Jazz & Blues Festival, and featured Edinburgh favourites James Brown is Annie, Brass Gumbo and Blues 'N' Trouble. Providing the heart thumping, disco dancing, sing-a-long classics on the Frederick Stage was DJs, party starters and all round legends Guilty Pleasures! Accompanying them were VJ’s Buttercup & Pixel mixing the most amazing visuals for our big screens!
- This is a very busy, all-standing, outdoor festival event so please dress for the weather
- We recommend you purchase your Street Party wristband in advance of the 31st the Street Party is on track to sell out. If you’ve haven’t purchased your tickets and/or wristbands beforehand do not travel to Edinburgh.
- We recommend you collect pre-purchased Street Party wristbands early the Box Office in the Fringe Shop on the High Street will be open till 8.00pm on 31 December but can get very busy. Better still collect them before the 31st if you can.
- Please note Street Party tickets do not allow access into the Concert in the Gardens or the Old Town Ceilidh events
- No entry after 11pm, so please come early!
- Access to extensive range of outdoor bars, street food and toilets throughout the arena
- No persons under 12yrs permitted at the Street Party. Those with children under 12yrs looking to join the celebrations should attend the Old Town Ceilidh or Concert in the Gardens which is a more accessible event
- Anyone under 16yrs must be accompanied by an adult over 21yrs of age.
- The Event Organiser reserves the right to search Ticket Holder’s bags and clothing for security reasons
- Strobe lighting will be used at the event. Those with a light sensitivity should be aware that there will be areas where there will be flickering and flashing lights at high intensity
- Please visit here for full event conditions