Friday 30th December 2016
PROCESSION STARTING IN EDINBURGH’S OLD TOWN
THE OPENING EVENT OF EDINBURGH’S HOGMANAY 2016/17 IS THE SPECTACULAR TORCHLIGHT PROCESSION
Tickets for Edinburgh's Hogmanay 2016/17 will be available in the coming months
Procession departs 7pm / Event Ends approx. 8.15pm.
Firework viewing areas at Calton Hill and Waterloo Place.
The opening event of Edinburgh’s Hogmanay 2016/17 is the spectacular Torchlight Procession. Last year’s event welcomed over 40,000 people to this world renowned family event. Join thousands of torch carriers as they illuminate the city through the city centre to a breath-taking fireworks finale.
Vouchers for torches will be available in the Summer.
- Torchlight Procession is an outdoor event using wax-based torches, please dress appropriately
- Torchlight Procession is an incredibly safe event but we need participants to help maintain this. Please follow all safety instructions when carrying torches in this event.
- Torches are wax based (like a big candle), safety guards are supplied to protect carrier hands from dripping wax.
- Please note, when windy the wax from the torches can be blown onto clothing. Whilst easily removable (top tip – an iron and brown paper) please dress appropriately and do not carry torches if wearing delicate fabrics.
- Torch vouchers can be exchanged for torches from 2pm on Wednesday 30th December at West Parliament Square
- Spectators to the event are welcome but please DO NOT join the procession en-route or stand in front of the procession to take photographs.
- Click here for full terms & conditions