The Stoats Loony DookBrrrought to you by the Porridge Pioneers!
Friday 1st January 2016
You don't have to be a loony, mad or brave... but it helps.
Registration Fee - £10.00 (Inc. Box Office Booking Fee)
Check-in at RNLI Lifeboat Station - between 12.30pm - 2pm
Stoats Warm-up - 1.30pm
Parade Starts - 2.30pm
Stoats Loony Dook - 2.40pm approx.
Welcome 2016 with a splash by taking part in the breathtaking Stoats Loony Dook at South Queensferry – the annual dip in the freezing River Forth in the shadow of the world-famous Forth Bridges.
For 30 years, thousands of people have taken the New Year plunge, raising tens of thousands of pounds for charities across the UK.
This year, the event is brought to you by Stoats, Edinburgh’s favourite porridge pioneers. They’ll be there on the day, warming everyone up with free bowls of energising porridge, plenty of giveaways and a fabulous fancy dress photo stage. From there, participants will join the Dooker Parade through the High Street before throwing themselves into the freezing Firth of Forth!
Spectators are welcome to cheer on the Dookers at various vantage points along the route or down on the beach. South Queensferry has a variety of pubs, cafes and restaurants, all open on New Year’s Day.
Click here for the New Year’s Day timetable and please note journey time from Edinburgh city centre to South Queensferry is approx. 45mins.
This year Edinburgh’s Hogmanay has partnered with Unicef, the world's leading children's organisation, to raise vital funds for their work to protect children affected by disasters and conflicts, like the one in Syria. You can help make a difference by making a donation to Unicef when you purchase your event tickets. Ticketholders will also have the chance to be part of the first ever New Year's 'Big Resolution' – a unifying moment on the 31st December to help keep vulnerable children safe from danger.
For more event updates follow Stoats Porridge on
- Fancy Dress is BEST!
- Wear shoes to enter the water (stony beach)
- South Queensferry has a variety of pubs, cafes and restaurants, all open on New Year’s Day
- Last year’s event was a total SELL-OUT!
- Dookers must buys a ticket in advance and check-in on the day (no ticket sales at event)
- Family and friends are encouraged to get down to the beach early to support the Dookers
- Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please bring a warm change of clothing.
- Click here for full terms & conditions